- General Counsel & Corporate Secretary for Sterling Seacrest Partners, Inc.
- Licensed to practice in Georgia and Florida
- Chief legal officer of Sterling Seacrest Partners, Inc.
- Principal legal counsel on all corporate and employment matters, including the evaluation and drafting of all firm contracts and agreements, internal governance, and compliance
- Advises senior management with respect to major decisions, strategies, and transactions of the firm
- Coordinates and supervises outside counsel regarding all legal firm matters
- Educates Sterling’s brokers on analysis of contractual risk transfer and sufficiency of insurance coverages
- Assists in the resolution of large claims
- Ensures the integrity of the corporation’s governance framework and supports its Board of Directors and Executive Committee in carrying out their duties and implementing decisions
Mr. William W. Fagan, III (“Will”), as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Sterling Seacrest Partners, Inc., works with the firm’s construction, surety, medical services, professional services, real estate, commercial business, nonprofit and benefits practice groups, particularly in the areas of contractual risk transfer and large claims. He also handles employment and corporate legal matters for Sterling and is a regular presenter in the firm’s management Education Series, offered regularly to friends and clients of the firm.
Immediately prior to joining Sterling Seacrest Partners, Will was an associate in the Atlanta office of an AmLaw 100 law firm. In his legal career, he has also worked with a separate AmLaw 100 law firm, a large national law firm, and a well-respected Atlanta boutique firm. He also served as a law clerk to Federal Judge Orinda D. Evans of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. As a result of his prior work in private practice, Will brings experience in a variety of legal practice areas to his role as General Counsel, including complex commercial litigation, construction, financial services, medical malpractice, environmental and toxic tort litigation, and white collar criminal defense and investigations.
Licensed to practice in both Georgia and Florida, Will currently serves on the Insurance Committee of the State Bar of Georgia and is a past co-chair of the Georgia Bar’s Young Lawyers Division Legislative Affairs Committee. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Georgia chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel as Vice President for Practice Groups & Leadership Development. While in private practice, he devoted a significant amount of pro bono work to representing domestic violence victims in Fulton County through the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation; the Georgia Bar Journal named Will as one of its Pro Bono All-Stars in 2015.
Will graduated from Duke University with Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and History and earned his Juris Doctorate from Washington & Lee University School of Law. He lives in the Upper Westside area of Atlanta with his wife, attorney Jessica Reece Fagan, and their daughter.