- 40+ years’ experience in the property-casualty insurance industry
- Commercial Insurance
- Risk Management
- Large account/complex casualty programs
- Large account / complex property programs with catastrophic earthquake, flood and wind exposures
- Large claim management – property / hurricane, liability and workers compensation
- Review and monitoring of insurance company financial strength
- National Retailers
- Industrial Contractors
- Property Management
- CPCU designation
- BBA in Risk Management & Insurance from the Georgia State University
Kavin Smith, CPCU has more than 40 years of commercial insurance brokerage, marketing and management experience. He specializes in designing risk management programs for universities, national retailers, industrial contractors, manufacturers, and property management firms.
During his career, Kavin has held positions with Seacrest Partners, Palmer & Cay/ Wachovia Insurance Services, Sedgwick James, EH Crump and Wausau Insurance Companies.
Kavin earned the Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) professional designation and holds a BBA in Risk Management & Insurance from Georgia State University.
An active supporter of his community, Kavin served on the Board of Directors of Georgia State University Risk Management Foundation for several years and several committees at St. Peter the Apostle Church.